View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Hey neighbor!

My "back yard" neighbor has been in the hospital. We walked over to visit with him after church today when we saw him sitting outside. While relaxing in his yard, I realized that I'm normally not privy to the vantage point he has of my place. My yard begins about where that stump is - grass that serves no purpose other than to give us a little breathing room, separates us. My white picket fence keeps my dog in and other dogs out.

My neighbor watches over me, knows my habits, offers to fix things and just plain smiles and waves when he sees me. He is good to me and my dog. I'm sorry that all he gets from me is a somewhat unpleasant view of the back of my garage and a tangle of leaves and weeds that tend to grow wild there. Maybe I'll put a flower box under the garage window, plant a little garden and name it after him. I think he'd like that. Perhaps next year...

No comments: