View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I did my part to stimulate the economy yesterday.  The Blair stimulus consisted of a car tune-up at the Nissan dealership $42.36, a new skirt, blouse, sweater from Bloomingdales $212 (needed for a wedding reception next weekend and a great value because of the versatility – yes, I can rationalize clothes shopping) and entry into Bogart’s for an evening of dancing -  $6.  I guess the entry fee was to help pay the salary of the Tom Petty Tribute band.  I’d kinda like my money back from Bogart's.  It was…ummm... depressing. An Oscar Wilde quote came to mind, "Either the wallpaper goes or I do." 

 I also started my little planting project for the community garage sale.  We'll see if these little babies show themselves in time for their May 1st debute.  


My morning started at Baypoint Park - it's still icy and frozen in parts, but where the sun shines it was almost balmy. There were a few signs of life with the hearty wildlife - birds and fishing boats - but it will be nice to see that marina filled with life again.  Soon...



No comments: