View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Saturday, April 17, 2010

And all I could think about was what the "Lost Puppy" flyer would look like..



Got a phone call at work today from my neighbor, Yobaby.  Yep, her name is Yobaby, but that's a different story for another time.  She called to tell me my dog was loose in the neighborhood. Somehow Lily got out of the house when I wasn’t home?!?  For some reason the neighbors seemed to think of Lily as a pampered mama's dog – not street savvy -  and me as a weak, emotional empty-nester dog owner who would be traumatized by the news.  As I turned off 4th at 3:30 in the afternoon I found a little entourage of worried, hand-wringing neighbors in my yard. Yobaby, her husband Terri.  Dave his wife Pam (who had been tipping the moonshine jar) and a couple other on-lookers wondering what all the excitement was about. 

Lily’s last known location was heading south on Pine so off I went.  An hour later my daughter and her boyfriend showed up to help with the search.  Eventually I found Lily making her way along the base of the bluff a few blocks away – likely completely lost.  When I called her name she stopped dead in her tracks, looked for a minute or two and then took off running as fast as she could towards me. She had been running the neighborhood for a few hours and was pretty excited to be going home.  

No comments: