View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

and the damn chirping made me miss it.

While I love the sound of chirping birds outside my window, I'm not thrilled by the hour in which they begin. This little cutie woke me up (again) this morning. I don't want to sound ungrateful, but the thought of keeping a loaded BB gun on my window sill did cross my mind.

I shot this picture instead.

The real problem is that between the hours of about 2am and 4am I no longer sleep (is that an old age thing?). By 4:45am, I was soundly sleeping again and having an interesting dream. The dream interrupted may have been inspired by a movie I saw Sunday night "The Ugly Truth" starring Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler. I fell madly in love with Butler in "P.S. I love you", but sadly his latest movie left much to be desired. Most of the time the jokes fell into the category of 10 year old boy humor - more of a nervous and embarrassed chuckle then wild, bold laughter.

Anyway, the dream my little yellow friend interrupted found me sharing a drink in a bar (a blind date I think) with a diminutive gentleman with flaming red hair and an Amish inspired beard. The conversation I was having with the leprechaun was likely inspired by one I had recently in a bar with an older gentleman who lives in a vet home. When this man told me he was from Hinckley MN I couldn't help but regal him with my memory of a book I read about the great Hinckley fire "Under the Flaming Sky". To complicate matters and further my annoyance at having this dream interrupted, the little man at the bar (the one in my dream) was morphing into Little Jimmy Dickens and I was about to ask him about his latest hit (released in 1962) and what his secret is to staying so fit and active at 88 (I just saw Little Jimmy on stage at the Grand Ole Opry while in Nashville and he left quite an impression).

I'm certain the little shock top in white cowboy boots was about to reveal something profound...

No comments: