View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Aaliyah and my Christmas cactus

Taking pictures with a digital camera has it's drawbacks...
the timing for one, not easy when your subject can't hold their pose.
Aaliyah is making very pretty sounds on my piano,
it takes a lot of concentration and a little tongue.
This is what you get when you tell a 3 year old to smile.
This is the cactus that Lillian gave me. Lillian is
Aailyah's great grandma, however, Aailyah seems
to be a little confused about that. She thinks her
Grandma Linda is Lillian and that Lillian is Linda.
Oh, maybe it is confusing .

Lillian and her conspiring daughter Linda
were very sneaky about giving me this plant.
They even had me unknowingly pick out
the pot it's planted in.
I told Lillian I always wanted a Christmas cactus and she
took what I said to heart, snipped pieces of
her plant, soaked them in water for a few
months, then potted it and gave it to me for my birthday.

I've had the cactus for a about 4 months now.
It's a big responsibility...

We'll get an update of Aailyah and my cactus at Christmas time!

No comments: