View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Monday, September 08, 2008

My first look at Madison Square Garden - New York

On Wednesday, Sept 10, 2008 I have a ticket to a concert at Madison Square Garden. It's a benefit concert for cancer "Stand Up for the Cure" featuring the Dave Matthews Band. Since this is my first trip to New York, we took the subway over from Brooklyn to Manhattan to see how long it would take and if I can do this myself on Wednesday night. Everyone around here tells us the subway is safe and it seemed okay, although I can't imagine riding it everyday like they do around here.

This is the view from just outside The Garden - it's a few
blocks from Time Square and in the same block as Penn Stations.


I'm standing just by the doors of Penn Station. The artwork
on the sides of buildings is pretty amazing and the sounds, smells
and activity on the streets are pretty unique to New York City.


Lots of history and things to see inside the Garden.

No comments: