View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Friday, November 28, 2008

Inspired by a dead woman's cream puffs

I've wanted to make cream puffs since eating one at a funeral a few weeks ago. They were light and airy and sinfully good and the signature baked good of the 94 year old Italian woman that had died. I didn't use her recipe, but found one in a cookbook and since I had Thursday off for Thanksgiving and had time to finally make them, I dove in. (Cathy did the turkey and trimmings).
It was fun to bake the pies and make the cream puffs. It fits into the 'living in the moment' zen approach to life that I'm attempting to live each day. It's less about the eating of and much more about the making of...I like the process. This quote says it best...

“Whatever the tasks,
do them slowly with ease,
in mindfulness,
so not do any tasks with the goal
of getting them over with.
Resolve to each job in a relaxed way,
with all your attention.”
-
Thich Nhat Hanh, Zen Master

No comments: