View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

A friend sent me this Emerson quote for Thanksgiving and I think he captures what I am thankful for very well. Certainly health, food, shelter, morning light and love top the list.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)
Yesterday I heard many stories about how the day would be spent as we went around the room and shared our plans. Some had traditions stretching back 40 years while others were reaching for new ways of spending this gift of a day off. For me personally, it's a family day and I'm most happy when surrounded by them. What are you thankful for today?

No comments: