View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Friday, August 11, 2006

Back to Minnesota

It's a long road going east on I-94 from Montana to Minnesota. I drove just over 1000 miles in 15 hours. My stops were only for gasoline and long enough to fill up. I had XM radio and a sunroof in my rental that kept me entertained. My first cup of coffee was in Alexandria, MN just 200 miles from home. I knew the last few hours would be the hardest so I waited all day for an iced, cold-press coffee from Caribou. Not too many places in North Dakota for a good cup of coffee anyway.



I took the picture of my dashboard when my trip indicator went to 555 - a little over half way. You start to do weird things to stay occupied on a long trip all alone. I am especially grateful for windshield wipers, air-conditioning, the cd player, my cell phone and talk radio. Would I make a drive like this again? Well...not anytime soon, but like childbirth I will forget the pain.

No comments: