View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Monday, August 11, 2008

I spent the weekend in Moorhead, MN at a conference - Lily spent the weekend at a dog boarders in the country. It was her first time as usually Stacy watches her when I am away over night. It's hard telling if she is tramatized by it. She lives in the moment so if she had food and a comfortable bed she probably won't have any lingering issues. I wish it were that simply for us humans. I had more than enough food and a comfortable bed too so I'll leave it at that.

I like the Olympics, but have not been able to watch much this year so far. I especially love the sappy human interest stories designed to really get you emotionally involved. If I could...if it were socially acceptable...It work didn't get in the way...I would stay in my jammies and watch around the clock. Michael Phelps just broke the world record by almost a second. Love my big, flat-screen TV and HD from Direct TV too. It makes for a pretty damn good picture and great Olympics watching. No matter which country wins the gold, the awards ceremony makes me cry everytime. You just can't help but get a little choked up watching them standing there representing their country.

I've got a couple more trips to take. Moorhead was just the warm-up for me and Lily. I love being out in the world, as much as I love being home with my little doggy so it's important that she has a good place to be when I'm gone. I'm off to Chicago, then New York, then Nashville - all in the next 6 weeks so Lily will have a home away from home at Wells Creek. I try not to think about it too much.

No comments: