View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Laura's Favorite Things


Every year Oprah does a show about her "favorite things". This year because of the state of the economy and to be fair to her viewers, she only showcased things that were $100 or less. Gee, thanks Oprah.


So, in the spirit of favorite things and the economy, I thought I would highlight some of my favorite things ($10 or less) and in some cases free! Yeah! Here goes...

Tiramisu coffee creamer in a good, strong cup of coffee. I think the Tiramisu is a seasonal item.
The novel "Loving Frank" a first for Nancy Horan. I would describe this book as historical fiction. It's about the affair Frank Lloyd Wright had with Mamah Borthwick weaving fact and fiction. As is often the case, the woman behind the famous man is more interesting. There is barely a footnote in American History about Wright's love affair with Borthwick. She had much to offer the world with her writing and ideas about equal rights for women. I felt the same way about Mabel Bell when I read about Alexander Graham Bell after visiting the Bell museum in Nova Scotia.

Great book - the ending was a shocker!

A funny Christmas card from a funny cousin. We have an old joke about our kids needing therapy. So far they all seem pretty normal despite their upbringing.


Small, round, green doors; big feet; The Shire and Bilbo Baggins saying “I feel thin, like butter stretched over too much bread”. Today is the day I will watch the entire trilogy as I bake cookies, wrap presents and write out Christmas card. It's good to have a snow day the Saturday before Christmas.

Many years ago we purchased this for mom and dad. I think it was right here in Red Wing somewhere - years before I lived here. We thought it was hilarious.
I still have a tendency to say....
Merry Christmoose!

Dogs in sweaters on snowy days!

Last but not least....Candy cane kisses!
I think they are new this year - at least new to me...dangerously delicious!

No comments: