View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Living alone - part two

Someone asked me today if I include pictures of my dog or her name and age on my holiday greeting cards. Hmmmm....I will admit I've included a picture (was it last year?) but it was in a collage of pictures and she didn't get her name in the card. This persons ex-husbands new wife sent cards that listed her new step-children’s names and ages and the new puppy's name and age all in a row which confused an elderly grandmother who wondered if she missed the birth of a child. Weird? Yes!

I think the reason she asked me is she knows I live alone and every afternoon I head home to let my dog out. I only live a couple of blocks away so it's no big deal, but I usually announce to anyone within ear shot that "I'll be back in a few, I'm going home to see Lilith." Her name is actually just Lily.

Having a grown up daughter and being divorced means I have no choice but to send out cards with just my name on them. Is it tempting to add Lily's name? Nope, although she does wish you a very Merry Christmas. Fuh-ny. If you do receive a card with her name next to mine will you please stop in and check on me. I may have fallen down the stairs and now suffering from a life threatening head injury.

Merry Christmas!

Love,

Laura, Lily and Michael (Mr. January on my New York City fireman's calendar)

Lily - pee dammit so I can go back to work!

No comments: