View Laura Blair Johnson's profile on LinkedIn

Friday, January 15, 2010

Thanks Martin Luther King, Jr.

I love three day holidays!  Especially this early in the year.  Easing gently into full work weeks after the holidays is a lot of pressure and I'm due a little "more" time off!  :)

What to do....  So far I have a full Friday, Saturday and Saturday night planned.  Sunday is filled with many possibilities, yet unplanned at this point (just the way I like my Sunday's) and Monday I'll be spending the day at Abbott Northwestern while a very dear friend has surgery.  I suppose I'll spend part of Sunday taking Christmas down around my house.  I've loved my Christmas tree, but its been on display since before Thanksgiving so I'm ready to pack it away.

It's going to be a mild winter weekend too so I'll get down to Colvill and get a few more photos of the eagles as they nest and fish and take Lily on a nice long hike.

So, a tribute to King (thanks for the long weekend) and a few sentences from his mountaintop speech (he was killed the day after this speech):


And then I got to Memphis. And some began to say the threats, or talk about the threats that were out. What would happen to me from some of our sick white brothers? Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

No comments: